Friday, March 2, 2018

Taking the Challenge

This week I have spent about two hours practicing on the piano and getting ideas for the piece I will be creating. I have challenged myself to practice on more advanced sheet music than I am used to. I am hoping that by doing this that it will allow me to broaden my horizons when choosing what type of piece of music I plan to create.
     I have chosen 3 pieces of music this week that are interesting to me, so I can get ideas from them for the piece I will be creating. I am hoping to create a pop or contemporary piece that are mainly made up of chords. I am starting off with chords because this will be the first piece I have ever written, and although I hope this adventure will lead into me creating more complex pieces in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Abundant words

I have finally completed the song. This last week for some reason it all came rushing in at once. It was like the weeks of trying and frus...